American Woman in Paris

American Woman in Paris

This is about my unique view of a unique city and from a unique life perspective. To see more of my photos go to www.flickr.com/photos/81362812@N00

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Parislog 65
September 27, 2006

I finally did it. I glued my jewelry box back together. I had no experience with packing my goods to be mailed and did a bad job with it. The box was my grandmother’s. I had inherited it back in the mid-70’s and it has been with me ever since.
When I put it in the carton, I stuffed each and every drawer with clothes to fill the empty spaces. I knew that empty spaces were a bad thing. For some reason, maybe just exhaustion at the end of packing, I put a couple of hardback books on top. The weight of them crushed the box.
The box is very simple but has a beautiful inlay pattern all over the outside of the wood. I was just heartbroken. I couldn’t even look at it or think about it. It sat in the corner and I just had the drawers stacked on the dresser to use.
Finally, I got some wood glue and very patiently sat and put all the puzzle pieces back together and got it glued in the right order. I will always know that it is broken but at least it is in one piece and usable again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home