American Woman in Paris

American Woman in Paris

This is about my unique view of a unique city and from a unique life perspective. To see more of my photos go to www.flickr.com/photos/81362812@N00

Thursday, September 14, 2006


Parislog 59
September 14, 2006

I found out how the French can eat a little pathetic breakfast of coffee, bread and jam then eat a lunch around 12 or and survive until 8 to 10 for dinner. I have been completely flummoxed by this whole thing the entire time that I have lived here. I just thought that maybe that had different stomachs than me. I eat lunch at noon and if I don’t eat by 6 at the latest, I am falling over from hunger.
Here is the BIG secret. They have a snack around 5. That’s it. No big deal. I just had no idea. My new roommate, the daughter of my previous one, gave me the answer today when I asked. I had come home from an afternoon of shopping with a friend and was famished. We had both eaten lunch at the same time and yet she wasn’t even thinking about dinner. That was at 6 o’clock.
So there you have it. One big mystery solved. I bet there are a bunch of you that are thinking, “Uh, duh’ but I really didn’t know.
These are inside the metro at the Gare de Lyon (Lyon train station).

2 Comments:

At 2:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Elle est très réussie cette photo de la station de métro Gare de Lyon. Bravo.

Flocon

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger CJ said...

Merci Flocon. J'ai juste recu un nouveau appareil-photo et ceci etait un de le premier shots.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home