American Woman in Paris

American Woman in Paris

This is about my unique view of a unique city and from a unique life perspective. To see more of my photos go to www.flickr.com/photos/81362812@N00

Friday, August 25, 2006

Parislog 49
August 25, 2006


I managed to finally go to the Balenciaga exhibit at Le Musée de Mode and Textile (The Museum of Fashion and Textile), which is located right on the side of the Louvre with A*. I have been really curious to see the clothes. The museum actually just re-opened after extensive renovations. You enter into a foyer that is the standard limestone walls and floors and then climb two flights to the entrance, which is a stainless steel door set into the limestone. Opening the door you are bathed in a neon purple black light wash. The clothes are rather dimly lit for the purpose of preservation so it is a little frustrating to not be able to see it in the detail that I desire. But nevertheless I felt that I got my moneys worth with two floors of clothes on display.

After the museum, I decided to take a walk, as it was an amazingly beautiful sunshiny day and not hot. It begged to be experienced. I was in the Opera area and found a clothing store that was unfamiliar to me called Camaieu. It had some fun looking clothes in the window but what really grabbed my eye was the selection of pieces in teal. I am really passionate for teal right now as it matches my eye color. I managed to find one nice sweater for only 20€ (euros) that fit beautifully.

I am a die-hard chocolate freak and have been trying to curb my appetite due to the quantities I can consume. Here in Paris it is a hard appetite to make go away and today while wondering around near the Opera, I spied a little chocolate shop called Fouchet. I had to go in. The odors immediately made it impossible for me to walk out without something. The chocolates were so little that I had a sneaking suspicion that they might be rather expensive. I limited myself to 4. Torture. But I did it. It came to 3.10€ (euros). I brought my little stash all the way home and saved it until after dinner even. What can I tell you? Creamy, Rich. Powerful. Sinful.

I was also trying to take shots of the fashion on the streets here to share with you. It feels a little uncomfortable and I don’t know the legality of it but I will share a few with you anyway and I hope that these people aren’t offended. I took the shots because I liked what they had created.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home