American Woman in Paris

American Woman in Paris

This is about my unique view of a unique city and from a unique life perspective. To see more of my photos go to www.flickr.com/photos/81362812@N00

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Parislog 46
August 23, 2006

Yesterday, I went to day 2 of the 3 Jours, 3 Euros movie deal and came across an amazing cinema called La Pagode. It is the coolest little theatre in the middle of nowhere with a garden and a dilapidated pagoda that was turned into the theatre. It was built at the turn of the last century for the wife of a manager of Bon Marche. The movie that I watched happened to be in the newly built auditorium rather than in the section that was originally a ballroom for the pagoda. I snuck a peak inside and even though it was completely dark, I could see that it had the Chinese decorations inside there. I will definitely go back to see a movie in that section.

The garden was a lovely little spot to sit and have a little drink and some conversation at tables set up along a winding path. The back wall was the crumbling façade of the pagoda and sitting just off the path in the garden was a little black cat. It was surreal to realize that you were in fact inside the city of Paris.

Sadly, I did not like the movie. “Tristam Shandy” I came very close to getting up and leaving because it was way too much of the real Hollywood inanities, conversations about nothing and conversations about self. It was more than I could bear. Oh well. You win some and you lose some.

I also went to a French movie that day called “ La Tourneuse des Pages” (the page turner) that I quite enjoyed. I still don’t understand everything but I got a good majority and was able to keep the story line going for myself. This is the first movie that I have paid money for that was in French so I guess that means there is progress. This theatre was very modern with very bright colors with a nice lounge area off to one side.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home