American Woman in Paris

American Woman in Paris

This is about my unique view of a unique city and from a unique life perspective. To see more of my photos go to www.flickr.com/photos/81362812@N00

Monday, August 14, 2006

Parislog 40
August 14, 2006

I tried to go to the employment office today to poke around but it was closed for this day only. If I read things correctly, months ago at another office, this one specializes in the fashion industry. I wasn’t able to confirm that today obviously and now I feel anxious to know for sure.

The weather was a little better today so after the employment office, I took the bus back into the centre of the city, as it is a nice way to get a look around. After I got seated on the bus, I noticed there were TV screens at the front and the back and the sign above them said that they were testing the system out. I first thought that it was another nightmare of publicity like when you go through some checkout stands in the grocery store and you are inundated with noise and commercials on TV screens. I was wrong. These had a constantly running guide to which line you were on and what stop was coming up and the one after that. I thought it was pretty cool as I really have used the bus only about three times here and have no clue. I was way less nervous about missing my stop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home