American Woman in Paris

American Woman in Paris

This is about my unique view of a unique city and from a unique life perspective. To see more of my photos go to www.flickr.com/photos/81362812@N00

Friday, August 11, 2006

Parislog 36

There is a weekly guide called Telerama Sortir that gives a lot of info on things to do. I had found a curious article on something called Lomography. I could tell that it had something to do with photography but not much else so I had to make a trip to see what it was. It turned out to be some really cheap camera that makes a lot of errors like light leaking into the camera. It has a plastic lense and colored filters for the flash. It was more about chance hopefully making for some interesting photos. I didn't find them very interesting. I must say that I was disappointed. This building was right around the corner.

On the way to the photography exhibit, I saw a store that sold phone cards and as my old one had run out figured I would get a new one. I then didn't think about it until the next day. I was going to give myself a treat after spending the whole day uploading all of my old logs and adding pictures to the oldest logs. The treat was making phone calls. But after spending 12 hours doing all that work, I couldn't get the card to work at all. I just fell apart. I wanted so badly to talk to my friends and I was computer exhausted and so I just lost it. Today, I went back to the store and he tried the card it worked just fine. So now what? Well, I decided to try the card on the phone that doesn't go through the computer, and you guessed it, it works just fine. This whole time that I have been fighting these stupid cards and it was because they don't like phones that go through the computer. I didn't want to use the regular phone because France Telecom charges you for every minute you use but I will trade that against the aggravation of the other one not working. Here was my other alternative.

The metro on the way home. How convenient of them to give me the weather too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home