American Woman in Paris

American Woman in Paris

This is about my unique view of a unique city and from a unique life perspective. To see more of my photos go to www.flickr.com/photos/81362812@N00

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Parislog 44
August 20, 2006

I am so excited. I can’t even tell you. I am getting a new camera finally. The one that I have right now is 3 years old and seems no longer to be good enough. I have taken 3,000 shots on it and now it no longer seems to be able to consistently focus accurately. And the colors don’t seem accurate enough. Okay maybe they are sounding like excuses just to be able to get a new camera but really they are true. I promise.

I am ordering a Sony DSC H5 with so much more than I now have. It has 10X optical zoom and 7 million pixels and a stabilizer. I can do manual programming. I can’t wait until it gets here. I want to see all the photos that I have been taking with crystal clear focus.

I didn’t really want to have to spend the money right now but I found a way to make it a little more palatable. To buy it here, it would have cost me at least 400 euros, which right now is almost $520 but to buy it in America, it is $400. With that $520 I can buy the camera and the memory card and the UV and Polaroid filters. Fortunately I have people in the states that are willing to let me have items sent to them and then they mail them to me. Otherwise I suppose I would be out of luck.

Patience. I must have patience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home