American Woman in Paris

American Woman in Paris

This is about my unique view of a unique city and from a unique life perspective. To see more of my photos go to www.flickr.com/photos/81362812@N00

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Parislog 55
September 5, 2006

On Saturday and Monday I went to the Prêt-a-Porter exposition at the Port of Versailles. There were three floors of exhibitors and more clothing than one person could possibly absorb. I did find that I was completely uninterested in the whole second floor because it just wasn’t inspiring to me. I loved the section that was for the new up and coming designers. There were some amazing pieces and overflowing with creativity. I wasn’t sure if pictures were aloud and I didn’t want to get into trouble.

There were runways shows every so often throughout the day also. I went to few of them and got to sit front row at one. You had to arrive over a half an hour ahead of the start in order to get a decent seat. The first one I went to I was standing at the back and that was a bit uncomfortable on the feet plus the person behind me kept on bumping me and I have issues with that. Surprise, surprise.

Before the second show, the guy sitting next to me started chatting to me. He was from India and had a manufacturing business for purses and jewelry. After the show we kept talking and he wanted me to show him the magazines that you can use to get ideas and trend forecasts. I did so but then it started to become a drag because it started to feel like he was just trying to squeeze me dry of information. He kept asking over and over how to use the books for design and then he wanted me to actually give examples and chose the books and help him order. Then he kept on saying the same things over and over to the lady selling the magazines and changing his order every five seconds. I was so done with it. Earlier, I had given him my email because he said he was going to send me something. Oddly enough, I haven’t heard from him.

On Monday I went to another runway show and this time I was sitting next to a guy from Switzerland. We talked while waiting for the show to start and of course I asked him what his focus for being there was. It turned out that he had meant one of the VIP people attending while on the metro and for some reason they had invited him to come and see the expo. He was homeless by choice since February and was just wandering around with whatever came his way. He hadn’t a penny to his name. He was actually very interesting to talk to. But do to the fact that he wasn’t living in a regular situation, he was a little ripe.

I got a lot of pamphlets and other resources and I talked to one woman who worked for a computer program company about my plans. She was so excited and couldn’t wait until I get my business up and running. That was great for my moral and desire to accomplish this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home