American Woman in Paris

American Woman in Paris

This is about my unique view of a unique city and from a unique life perspective. To see more of my photos go to www.flickr.com/photos/81362812@N00

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Parislog 91
January 28, 2007

Well, it finally happened after all this time. I actually got sick. I caught a nasty little flu thingy with fever and sore throat. I have been trying to treat myself really nicely and take expectorant to keep my chest clear.
I must say however that I am happy to say that in the entire year that I have been here and all the stress that I have been under that this is the first. I am rather proud of that. Germs and sick people, including my roommate, have surrounded me. On the metro, it is a breeding ground of germs. I must have a really strong constitution.
I am hoping within a couple of more days to be back to one hundred percent. I already feel better and it has only been 2 and ½ days.
This morning when I woke up I heard the strange sound of a bullhorn and quickly ran to my balcony to see what might be going on. I saw a few runners on the street. I quickly snatched up my camera in case something more interesting was going to happen. Sure enough, more and more runners started to come down the street. Soon the road was packed. After the excitement was over I trolled around the internet trying to find what it was. Eventually, I found that it was a 10km-jogging run that was part of a nationwide program. Cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home