American Woman in Paris

American Woman in Paris

This is about my unique view of a unique city and from a unique life perspective. To see more of my photos go to www.flickr.com/photos/81362812@N00

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Parislog 84
December 10, 2006

Slowly but surely the city is getting all dressed up for Christmas. It seems like everyday another storefront is wearing its Christmas best. Dried branches painted in lively colors and covered in sparkles seem to be a popular theme. Many stores also have little Christmas trees sitting on the sidewalk during the day too.
I am amazed at how many of the decorations are on the outside of the stores. I would have thought there would be more issues with theft but I guess even the thieves give it a rest occasionally. It is all rather festive and jolly.

There seems to be a rather strong penchant for flocked trees here. I have found that every tree seller has a big selection of white or red-flocked trees. The flocking is so thick that I wonder why they need the tree at all. You really cannot find a square millimeter.I have found out about streets that are decorated with lights for the holidays and will bring you back some pictures of what I find over the next few weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home