American Woman in Paris

American Woman in Paris

This is about my unique view of a unique city and from a unique life perspective. To see more of my photos go to www.flickr.com/photos/81362812@N00

Monday, October 09, 2006

Parislog 69
October 9, 2006

Oh no, I forgot to mention this lovely little tidbit. While reading a blog called ruerude, I was reminded of this moment.

Parisians are famous for their dog poop on their streets and I must say that I haven’t seen quite as much poop as has been written about but neither has it been a scarcity. I have also never seen anyone actually picking the poop up after their dog does its business. But what I did see was a man reaching down after his dog had left his little package with a napkin. I am getting all ready to thank you for picking up the poop and placing it in one of the conveniently placed trashcans. His hand reaches further and further towards the ground. I get closer and closer watching the progress. I pass by and turn around to see the gentleman wiping the dogs nether region. ? Suffice it say that this is a first for me. He was very careful and thorough in his job and then off they went. Poop left behind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home