American Woman in Paris

American Woman in Paris

This is about my unique view of a unique city and from a unique life perspective. To see more of my photos go to www.flickr.com/photos/81362812@N00

Wednesday, January 09, 2008


Hello all,

I
know that I have been missing in action for a long time. I have not been feeling well and not had the energy for much of anything. That being said, I am going to give it a valiant effort to get active again.

As you know, I have been in my own apartment for a while and am finally going to put up the photos so that you can see what 515 euros can get you in Paris. The place is 10 sq. m. but very nicely put together. The floors and kitchen and bathroom walls are marble and the fittings are varnished pine. The owner is a very nice woman who has kindly added a heater in the bathroom for me as the bathroom is as cold as a refrigerator. What a treat to be able to take a shower without getting a chill.

Sometimes I do get a little crazy in here though because thee isn't anywhere to do anything. It is a find art to shifting things around to say do a painting.


The other day I spilled a whole glass of water into my keyboard as it is right there where I eat. So then I had to find a replacement keyboard. I have a Mac so it isn't so simple as a quick trip to the section of town that carries cheap PC stuff. I went to an Apple store and they told me that the new keyboards wouldn't work with my 10.3 interface and that I had to have the 10.4. I thought that was just evil. So I headed over to the FNAC store to see if I could find a PC board that would cross over. No luck. But the guy at the help desk told me that the new board would work with my system and that there were simply a few new keys that would have no function on my system. I decided to take the chance, bought the board, plugged it in, and here I sit writing to you. Now why didn't the Apple people know this?


And I have left the plastic wrap that it came in on it to protect it from further Colleen accidents. It is also a French board with some of the keys in different places.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home